By: Mercedes Kay Gold - Holistic Nutritionist (CNP) and Personal Training living in Toronto.
-SCROLL DOWN FOR RECIPE-As a Holistic Nutritionist, I'm an avid label reader! Always opting for low sugar, high fiber whole foods. Ingredients found in nature help nourish and cleanse the body! In collaboration with one of my all time favourites, Muthins and I would like to kick off summertime with an extra special shout out to North America's native berry, the BLUEBERRY! Blueberry MUTHINS are worthy of bragging rights. Whopping 8 grams of fiber, 6 grams of plant protein and only 6 grams of sugar in each blueberry Muthin. Sweetened with goodness of applesauce, prunes, Canadian favorite, maple syrup and bounty of flavor boosting whole blueberries in every bite! With a mere 150 calories in each muffin, go ahead and enjoy guilt free!! Blueberries are one of nature's super foods.
- Blueberries can thank key anti-oxidant, anthocyanin for their divine deep blue purple hue. This stunning blend of colors contains cancer fighting properties. Anthocyanins also help protect against hypertension.
- Vitamin C is immune boosting. Flavonoids help decrease inflammation in the body while reducing DNA damage.
- High in Vitamin K, aiding in bone health and blood clotting
- High fiber found in blueberries helps improve blood sugar, lipid and insulin levels. Fiber promotes feeling of fullness, important factor in weight loss and management. High fiber diet helps ensure healthy digestion and regular elimination of toxins.
- Gailic acid provides anti-fungal and anti-viral protection.
- Potassium packed blueberries help lower blood pressure naturally.